1st National Conference Of States On Logistics
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Economy
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry recently addressed the 1st National Conference of States on Logistics.
- National Logistics Policy, which is under consultation, along with the National Logistics Council and State Logistics Coordination Committee, will work as a template for better coordination and integrated development for logistics centre.
- Logistics consists of 5R’s: Getting the Right product – In the Right condition – At the Right place – At the Right time – To the Right customer.
Do you know?
- India has a $200 billion logistics ecosystem.
- A good part of it is supported by the Indian Railways.
- About 13-14% cost of a product is logistics, and Ministry shall work towards bringing it down to about 8%.