Centre Merges J&K Cadre Officers With AGMUT
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- Recently, the Centre has merged J&K cadre for all India Services – IAS, IPS and IFoS officers – with that of Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT), also called the Union Territory cadre, through an ordinance.
- The President has promulgated an ordinance to amend J&K Reorganisation Act, 2019 and make IAS, IPS and Indian Forest Service officers of existing cadre of J&K a part of AGMUT cadre.
- The move will allow officers posted in these states and UTs to work in J&K and vice versa.
- It will also help tackle the shortage of All India Services Officers in J&K owing to an earlier rule fixing the ratio of direct recruits in Civil Services to promotees from J&K State Civil Services (Kashmir Administrative Service) at 50:50 instead of 67:33 formula followed in other states.
- MARCOS being deployed in the Eastern Ladakh: Click here
- DAY-NRLM Special Package for J&K and Ladakh: Click here