Dhannipur Mosque project launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I – Culture
- The Dhannipur mosque project was formally launched on Republic Day at the five-acre plot in Dhannipur village of Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
- The plot was allotted by the Uttar Pradesh government on the directions of the Supreme Court in the Babri Masjid Ram Janmabhoomi title suit.
- The Indo-Islamic Cultural Foundation (IICF) is overseeing the construction of the mosque.
- The project would take around 30 months to be completed.
- The project comprises three parts: a mosque based on a modern design; a multi-speciality 200-bed hospital and community kitchen; and an Indo-Islamic Cultural Research Centre.
- Ram Temple History & Significance: Click here
Image source : Click here