DRDO hands over Motor Bike Ambulance ‘Rakshita’ to CRPF
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Defence & Security & Sci & Tech
- DRDO hands over Motor Bike Ambulance ‘Rakshita’ to CRPF.
- Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), Delhi based DRDO laboratory, handed over Rakshita to Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- It is a bike-based casualty transport emergency vehicle.
- Rakshita is fitted with a customized reclining Casualty Evacuation Seat (CES), which can be fitted in and taken out as per requirement.
- The bike ambulance will help in overcoming the problems faced by Indian security forces and emergency healthcare providers.
- It will provide life-saving aid for evacuation of injured patients from low intensity conflict areas.
- This bike ambulance is useful not only for the paramilitary and military forces but has potential civil applications too.