Fleet of electric buses flagged-off in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Infrastructure; Environment
- The Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, flagged-off fleet of electric buses.
- The introduction of electric buses will help cut down tail pipe emissions as well as provide comfortable public transport.
- The project for 40 electric buses is being executed by NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Limited (NVVN Limited), a 100% subsidiary of NTPC Limited, a PSU under Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- In addition to the above project, NVVN has emerged as successful bidder for providing turnkey solution for 90 electric buses in Bengaluru under the Smart City project.
- These buses will provide last mile connectivity to NAMMA Metro network.
- NVVN is developing and providing complete range of zero emission mobility solutions for various vehicle segments.