Framework For Telemedicine Use In Management Of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease And Stroke In India
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – Health
- Recently, Union Health Minister released the Framework for Telemedicine use in Management of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke in India.
- Telemedicine with its components of tele-consultation, tele-monitoring, tele-triage can be integrated to build continuum of care model for major Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs).
- The increasing burden of NCDs in India requires multipronged interventions that can address promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative aspects of NCD care and management.
- Telemedicine can bridge and link all these aspects.
- It can be adapted and used by medical practitioners from primary to tertiary health care level in India, through the national teleconsultation network and other similar platforms.”