India’s First Indigenously Designed & Developed Driverless Metro Car
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Defence Minister unveiled India’s First Indigenously Designed & Developed Driverless Metro Car recently.
- State-of-the-art ‘Driverless Metro Car’ for Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) was unveiled at a function held at BEML’s Bangalore Complex.
- MMRDA project has 63% indigenous content which will enhance to 75% in next two to three years.
- The Aerospace Assembly Hangar and first indigenously manufactured Tatra Cabin by BEML were also unveiled.
- Indigenously designed & developed state-of-the-art Driverless Metro trains are being manufactured at BEML Bangaluru Complex.
- India’s First Driverless Metro To Be Inaugurated: Click here