‘Mera Gaon Mera Gaurav’ drive
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III –Economy
- Under the ICAR’s initiative ‘Mera Gaon Mera Gaurav’, Cleanliness drive was carried out recently in Ibrampur, Veling and Parra villages in Goa.
Important value additions
- “Mera Gaon Mera Gaurav” was launched in 2015.
- It is the flagship programme of the Prime Minister of India.
- Objective: To provide farmers with required information, knowledge and advisories on regular basis by adopting villages.
- Aim: To promote the direct interface of scientists with the farmers to hasten the lab to land process.
- Implemented by: Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), an autonomous body responsible for coordinating agricultural education and research in India.
- It reports to the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture.