National Metrology Conclave
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Sci & Tech; Environment
- Indian Prime Minister recently inaugurated the National Metrology Conclave on January 4, 2021 through video conferencing.
- Organised by: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi
- Theme: Metrology for the Inclusive Growth of the Nation.
- National Atomic Timescale and Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya was launched.
- Foundation stone of the National Environmental Standards Laboratory was also laid.
Do you know?
- The National Atomic Timescale generates Indian Standard Time with an accuracy of 2.8 nanosecond.
- Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya is supporting testing and calibration of laboratories for quality assurance, at par with international standards.
- The National Environmental Standards Laboratory will aid self-reliance in the certification of ambient air and industrial emission monitoring equipment.