Single Window Clearance Portal launched for coal mining
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Energy resources; Economy
- Ministry of Coal launched Single Window Clearance Portal.
- It is a unified platform that facilitates grant of clearances and approvals required for starting a coal mine in India.
- Single Window Clearance Portal is in the spirit of Minimum Government and Maximum Governance.
- It would be a milestone for Ease of Doing Business in the Indian Coal Sector.
- Presently, about 19 major approval or clearances are required to be obtained before starting a coal mine in the country.
- The Portal will map only the relevant application formats and also process flow for grant of approval or clearances.
Do you know?
- The portal was launched in an event organized in New Delhi to execute agreements with successful bidders of India’s first ever commercial coal mine auctions.
- Recently, 19 successful bidders were allotted mines under the country’s first commercial coal mining auction.
- This will give the states estimated revenue of about Rs 6,500 crore per year and will also create more than 70,000 jobs.