Chairman of National Safety Council appointed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – Policies and Interventions
- The Ministry of Labour & Employment has appointed Shri S.N. Subrahmanyan, CEO and Managing Director, L&T Ltd, as the Chairman of the National Safety Council for three years.
Important value additions
National Safety Council
- National Safety Council is a non-profit, self-financing apex body at the national level in India.
- Objective: To generate, develop and sustain a voluntary movement on Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) at the national level.
- It is an autonomous body.
- Set up by: Ministry of Labour and Employment in 1965.
- It was registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and subsequently, as a Public Trust under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950.