E-Chhawani portal launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Defence and Security
- E-Chhawani portal and mobile app was launched recently.
- Ministry: Ministry of Defence
- Objective: To provide online civic services to over 20 lakh residents of 62 Cantonment Boards across India.
- Through the portal, the residents of cantonment areas will be able to avail basic services like renewal of leases, application for birth & death certificates, water & sewerage connections, etc.
- Developed by: eGov Foundation, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Directorate General Defence Estates (DGDE) and National Informatics Centre (NIC).