‘Go Electric’ Campaign launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Environment
- “Go Electric” Campaign was launched recently.
- Ministry: Union Ministry for Road Transport & Highways
- Objective: To spread awareness on the benefits of e-mobility and EV Charging Infrastructure and electric cooking in India.
- The campaign would help in reducing the import dependence.
- It would be an important step towards a cleaner and greener future.
- It will also boost the confidence of Electric Vehicle manufacturers.
Do you know?
- Electric fuel is a major alternative for fossil fuels.
- These fuels have an import bill of Rs. 8 lakh Crore.
- The electric fuel has low cost, reduced emissions.
- It is also indigenous.