India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Australia’s national science agency (CSIRO) kick started the India-Australia Circular Economy (I-ACE) Hackathon, 2021.
- Goal: To enable talented innovative students and start-ups from Australia and India to address common national issues through innovative technology solutions
Key themes for the hackathon:
- Innovation in packaging reducing packaging waste
- Innovation in food supply chains avoiding waste
- Creating opportunities for plastic waste reduction
- Recycling critical energy metals and e-waste
Do you know?
- A ‘circular economy’ model employs waste management and focuses on reusing, recycling and responsible manufacture.
- It can support the development of new industries and jobs, reducing emissions and increasing efficient use of natural resources.