JATP – Center Of Excellence (JATP – CoE)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Sci & Tech
- DRDO signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru for the creation of JATP–Center of Excellence (JATP – CoE) in the premises of IISc to expand the scope and objective of the existing Joint Advanced Technology Program.
- The JATP-CoE will enable Directed Basic & Applied Research and engage with premier research institutes through multi-disciplinary & multi-institutional collaboration.
- The focused research efforts at the centre will lead to realization of indigenous technologies in the critical areas to develop state of art technologies.
- As per the MoU, DRDO will support JATP in equipping it with advanced and unique research facilities that will enable the faculty and scholars to conduct advanced research.
- DRDO will facilitate advanced research to utilize technology outcomes in futuristic applications.
Do you know?
- JATP was created by President of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in 1983 where the DRDO scientists actively collaborated with the faculty of IISc to work on various missile technologies.