KAPILA campaign launched for Intellectual Property
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Intellectual Property
- KAPILA campaign was in news recently.
Important value additions
- The Government launched a campaign namely Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness Campaign (KAPILA) for Intellectual Property Literacy and creating patent awareness on 15th October 2020.
- creating awareness regarding Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in Higher Education Institutions(HEIs),
- enabling of IP protection of inventions originating from faculty and students of HEIs,
- development of Credit Course on IPR,
- training program on IPR for faculty and students of HEIs and
- sensitization and development of a vibrant IP filing system.
- So far, total of 46,556 users have been registered for KAPILA.
- Objectives of India’s IPR Policy: Click here