Nai Roshni: A scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- I – Society & GS- II – Policies and Interventions
- “Nai Roshni”, a scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women is being implemented across India.
- Ministry: Ministry of Minority affairs
- Aim: To empower and instill confidence in women by providing knowledge, tools, and techniques for interacting with Government systems, banks, and other institutions at all levels.
- This includes empowerment of the trainee women so that they become independent and confident members of society.
- The scheme provides for six days training programme followed by handholding for one year.
- The training covers issues relating to women viz. The leadership of Women through participation in decision making, Educational Programmes for women, Health and Hygiene, Legal rights of women, Financial Literacy, Digital Literacy, Swachh Bharat, Life Skills, and Advocacy for Social and Behavioural change.
- The Scheme is being implemented through NGOs enrolled under the Nai Roshni Scheme.
Do you know?
- In Seekho Aur Kamao (Learn & Earn) Scheme, 33% of the total beneficiaries are women.
- Similarly in the Nai Manzil scheme, 30% of the total beneficiaries are women.
- These schemes help in the economic empowerment of the Minority women