Oil & Gas Projects In Tamil Nadu
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Infrastructure
- Indian Prime Minister laid down the foundation of key projects of the oil & gas sector in Tamil Nadu on 17th February 2021.
- The Ramanathapuram – Thoothukudi natural gas pipeline shall be inaugurated.
- This pipeline is a section of the Ennore- Thiruvallur- Bengaluru- Puducherry- Nagapattinam- Madurai- Tuticorin Natural Gas Pipeline.
- Benefits: It will help utilise gas from ONGC Gas fields and deliver natural gas as feedstock to industries and other commercial customers.
- Gasoline Desulphurisation Unit shall be inaugurated at Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, Manali.
- It will produce low sulfur (less than 8 ppm) environment-friendly gasoline, help reduce emissions and contribute towards a cleaner environment.