Smartcode Platform launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policy and governance
- SmartCode Platform was recently launched.
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- SmartCode is a platform that enables all ecosystem stakeholders to contribute to a repository of open-source code for various solutions and applications for urban governance.
- It is designed to address the challenges that urban local bodies (ULBs) face in the development and deployment of digital applications.
- It shall enable cities to take advantage of existing codes and customising them to suit local needs, rather than having to develop new solutions from scratch.
- The source code will be free to use without any licensing or subscription fees