Tirals for Helina & Dhruvastra carried out
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Defence and Security
- Joint User Trials for the ‘Helina’, and ‘Dhruvastra’ have been carried out from Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) platform in desert ranges.
- Helina is helicopter-launched version of the Nag anti-tank guided missile.
- ‘Dhruvastra’ is its Air Force variant.
- Helina is a third-generation, Lock on Before Launch (LOBL) fire and forget class anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) system.
- It has all- weather day and night operational capabilities.
- It can defeat battle tanks with conventional and explosive reactive armour (ERA).
- It can engage targets both in direct hit mode as well as top attack mode.
- Dhruvastra has similar properties as well.
- However, it is developed by the DRDO