E-Daakhil Portal functional in 15 states/UTs
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and Interventions; Governance
- E-Daakhil portal for Consumer grievance redressal is now operational in 15 States/UTs.
- Ministry: Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- E-filing was launched by National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission (NCDRC) in September, 2020.
- Delhi was the first state to implement it.
- The Consumer Protection Act, 2019, has provision for e-filing of consumer complaints in the Consumer Commissions and online payment of the fees for filing a complaint.
- The digital software for filing complaints has features like e-Notice, filing written response by opposite party, alerts via SMS/Email, etc.