- GS-2: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests
- GS-2: India and its neighborhood- relations
Context: In the last decade, India-Bangladesh relations have warmed up, entering a new era of cooperation, and moving beyond historical and cultural ties to become more assimilated in the areas of trade, connectivity, energy, and defence.
|Security & Insurgency||
|Economic & Trade relations||
|Act East Policy||
Concerns in India-Bangladesh relations
- Unresolved Teesta water sharing issue looms large.
- Border killings are yet to stop.
- National Register of Citizens across the whole of India reflects poorly on India-Bangladesh relations.
- China, in lieu of its cheque-book diplomacy, is well-entrenched in South Asia, including Bangladesh, with which it enjoys significant economic and defence relations.
Connecting the dots: