India – Sweden Virtual Summit
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- Virtual Summit was held between India and Sweden
- Bilateral issues and other regional and multilateral issues of mutual interest were discussed.
- The two countries expressed satisfaction at the implementation of the Joint Action Plan and Joint Innovation Partnership
- These were agreed during Indian Prime Minister’s visit to Sweden for India-Nordic Summit in 2018.
- Sweden’s decision to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) was also welcomed.
- The growing membership the Leadership Group on Industry Transition (LeadIT) was appreciated.
- LeadIT was launched during the UN Climate Action Summit in September 2019 in New York.
Do you know?
- The Nordic Region consists of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, as well as the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Åland.