Drone use permission granted to Central Mine Planning and Design Institute
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Economy; Sci & tech
- Drone use permission granted to Central Mine Planning and Design Institute for coalfield survey.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted conditional exemption to Central Mine Planning and Design Institute (CMPDI) for surveying in coalfield areas of Coal India Ltd.
- As per the permission, the drones will be deployed for acquisition of data for monitoring of Mapping and Surveying activity using UAV Based Optical, LiDAR and Thermal Payloads, volumetric measurement, and, inspections in coalfield areas of Coal India Limited.
- It is valid till 04 April 2022 from the date of issue of the letter or until the full operationalization of Digital Sky Platform (Phase-1), whichever is earlier.
- Exemption from Ministry of Civil Aviation must be obtained from UAS Rules, 2021 before operation.