H-1B Visa Rule to expire
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- USA President Joe Biden has allowed the H-1B visa rule to expire.
- In June 2020, former USA President Donald Trump halted the issuance of non-immigrant work visas of several types, including the skilled worker visa, or H-1B.
- It was valid until March 31, 2021.
- Its expiry order shall bring relief to a large number of Indian nationals, especially IT workers.
Do you know?
- Until now, the U.S. issued 85,000 H-1B visas annually, of which 20,000 went to graduate students and 65,000 to private sector applicants, and Indian nationals would garner approximately 70% of these.