India – Seychelles Relations
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations
- Indian PM and Seychelles President jointly inaugurated several Indian projects in Seychelles.
- Seychelles is central to India’s vision of ‘SAGAR’ – ‘Security and Growth for All in the Region’.
- During times of need, India was able to supply essential medicines and 50,000 doses of Made in India vaccines to Seychelles.
- Seychelles was the First African country to receive the Made in India COVID-19 vaccines.
- India has contributed towards the construction of the new Magistrates’ Court Building in Seychelles.
- For strengthening the maritime security of Seychelles, India has handed over a Made-in-India Fast Patrol Vessel to the Seychelles Coast Guard.
- India handed over a One Mega Watt solar power plant in the Seychelles built with India’s assistance.
- The virtual Summit between the two sides also saw the handing over of 10 High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDPs) implemented by the High Commission of India in collaboration with local bodies, educational and vocational institutions.
Do you know?
- Present President of Seychelles, Wavel Ramkalawan is a Person of Indian origin (PIO) with his roots in Gopalganj, Bihar.