Launch of Aahaar kranti
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Health
- `Aahaar Kranti’ Mission was launched recently.
- Ministry: Ministry of Health
- Aim: To spread the message of the need for a nutritionally balanced diet and to understand the importance of access to all local fruits and vegetables.
- Launched by: Vijnana Bharati (Vibha) and Global Indian Scientists’ and Technocrats’ Forum (GIST)
- Motto: ‘Good Diet-Good Cognition’
- It is designed to address the problem of `hunger and diseases in abundance’
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)’s Pravasi Bharatiya Academic and Scientific Sampark (Prabhaas) is collaborating along with various central and state government ministries and agencies
- Focus: Training teachers, who, in turn, will pass on the message to the multitudes of students, and through them to their families and finally the society at large.
- Such a strategy was adopted for the eradication of Polio and it turned out to be a grand success.
Do you know?
- Studies estimate that India produces as much as two times the amount of calories that it consumes.
- However, many in the country are still malnourished.
- The root cause of this strange phenomenon is a lack of nutritional awareness in all sections of our society.
- The United Nations has also declared 2021 as the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables
- UN sustainable goal # 3 emphasizes on human well-being.