Launch of Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health
- Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) was recently launched.
- Ministry: Ministry of Health
- IHIP is the next generation highly refined version of the presently used Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP).
- India is the first country in the world to adopt such an advanced disease surveillance system.
- It will house the data entry and management for India’s disease surveillance program.
- In addition to tracking 33 diseases now as compared to the earlier 18 diseases, it shall ensure near-real-time data in digital mode.
- It is also the world’s biggest online disease surveillance platform.
- It is in sync with the National Digital Health Mission.