Maiden trial of Python-5 conducted
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Defence and security
- DRDO conducts maiden trial of Python-5 Air to Air Missile.
- Tejas, India’s indigenous Light Combat Aircraft, added the 5th generation Python-5 Air-to-Air Missile (AAM) in its air-to-air weapons capability
- Trials were also aimed to validate enhanced capability of Derby Beyond Visual Range (BVR) AAM on Tejas.
- The trials also validated its performance under extremely challenging scenarios.
- The trials met all their planned objectives.