Search 19th January, 2021 Spotlight News Analysis here: http://www.newsonair.com/Main_Audio_Bulletins_Search.aspx
TOPIC: General Studies 3
In News: The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has launched a month-long fuel conservation campaign of the Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) named SAKSHAM 2021.
- The campaign aims at highlighting the adverse health and environmental impacts of increasing carbon footprints, and to convince consumers to switch to cleaner fuels.
- As a part of the campaign, various activities such as cyclothon, farmer workshops, seminars, painting competitions, CNG vehicle driving contests, etc are held across India to spread awareness among the masses about the advantages of using clean fuels.
7 key drivers that will collectively help the country in moving towards cleaner energy
- Leading towards a gas-based economy,
- Cleaner use of fossil fuels,
- Greater reliance on domestic sources,
- Achieving renewable targets within the set deadlines,
- Increased use of electric vehicles to decarbonize mobility,
- Increased use of cleaner fuels like Hydrogen
- Digital innovation across all energy systems.
Importance of SAKSHAM
- Will help in reducing fuel consumption and adoption of energy efficiency measures, thus leading to better lives, a healthy environment, sustainability, and development of the country.
- All the energy companies are now part of the transition to fuels that are clean and leave very less carbon footprint. There is a need for energy conservation as India’s energy demand grows and for leveraging technologies and digital innovation to achieve the twin goals of energy efficiency and sustainability as we move forward.
Connecting the Dots:
- Sustainable technology is a newly emerging field in the world economy. Discuss India’s position with respect to this.
- How are sustainable technologies shaping the economies of different countries? Discuss