Technology – CSF and Sheep Pox Vaccines
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Sci & tech
- The ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh transferred the Technology – CSF and Sheep Pox Vaccines to M/s Hester Biosciences through Agrinnovate India Limited.
Important value additions
Live Attenuated Indigenous CSF Cell Culture Vaccine (IVRI-CSF-BS):
- The Classical Swine Fever (CSF) is an important disease of pigs that causes 100% mortality.
- In India, the disease is controlled by a lapinized CSF vaccine (Weybridge Strain, U.K.) produced by killing large numbers of rabbits.
- To avoid this, the ICAR-IVRI developed a Cell Culture CSF Vaccine using the Lapinized Vaccine Virus from foreign strain.
Indigenous Live Attenuated Sheep Pox Vaccine [SPPV Srin 38/00]
- Sheep pox is a severe viral disease in sheep.
- A live attenuated Sheep Pox Vaccine using indigenous strain was developed for preventive vaccination in the sheep population.
- The developed Vaccine uses indigenous Sheep Pox Virus Strain [SPPV Srin 38/00] and is adapted to grow in the Vero cell line which makes the Vaccine production to be easily scalable.