Three initiatives inaugurated under National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Information technology
- Three initiatives for National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) were recently inaugurated.
- Inaugurated by: Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
- IPv6 Expert Panel (IP Guru):
- IP Guru is a group to extend support to all the Indian entities who are finding it technically challenging to migrate and adopt IPv6.
- It’s a joint effort of DOT, MeitY & community to promote IPv6.
- The expert panel group comprises members from government and private organizations.
- NIXI Academy: NIXI Academy is created to educate technical/non-technical people in India to learn and relearn technologies like IPv6 which are normally not taught in Educational Institutes.
- NIXI-IP-INDEX: NIXI has developed an IPv6 index portal for the Internet community. NIXI-IP-INDEX portal will showcase the IPv6 adoption rate in India and across the world.
Important value additions
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)
- It is a not-for-profit organization (section 8 of the Companies Act 2013) working since 2003 for spreading the internet infrastructure to the citizens of India through the following activities:
- Internet Exchanges through which the internet data is exchanged amongst ISP’s, Data Centers and CDNs.
- .IN Registry, managing and operation of .IN country code domain and .भारत IDN domain for India.
- IRINN, managing and operating Internet protocol (IPv4/IPv6).
Do you know?
- Internet Protocol version 6 is the most recent version of the Internet Protocol, the communications protocol that provides an identification and location system for computers on networks and routes traffic across the Internet