Scheme in news: One Stop Centre scheme (OSCs)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -II – Policies and interventions and their effects
- One Stop Centre Scheme (OSCs) was in news recently.
- It has provided assistance to over 3 lakh women so far.
- Implemented by: the Ministry of Women and Child Development
- The scheme is implemented through State Governments/ Union Territory (UT) Administrations.
- Objective: To provide integrated support and assistance to women affected by violence and in distress, both in private and public spaces, under one roof and facilitate immediate, emergency and non-emergency access to a range of services including police, medical, legal aid and counseling, psychological support to fight against any forms of violence against women.
- Till date, 701 OSCs in 35 States/UTs have been operationalised.