Srinagar Leh Transmission System transferred to POWERGRID
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -III – Infrastructure; Economy
- Union Ministry of Power has transferred the 220 kV Srinagar-Drass-Kargil-Khaltsi-Leh Transmission System to Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), a Maharatna CPSU of Government of India.
- The transmission system was commissioned in February 2019.
- It connects the Ladakh region to the national grid, ensuring quality and reliable power supply.
- It is built at a height of around 3000-4000 meters and 335-km long
- The project was executed by POWERGRID on consultancy basis under Prime Minister’s Reconstruction Plan (PMRP) Scheme.