Initiatives launched to provide major fillip to the SATAT initiative
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -III – Economy
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas launched a number of initiatives to provide major fillip to the SATAT initiative in a virtual ceremony.
Important value additions
- Aim of SATAT scheme: To set up Compressed Bio-Gas (CBG) production plants and make CBG available in the market for use as a green fuel.
- ‘SATAT’ aims to target production of 15 MMT of CBG from 5000 plants by 2023.
- It has the potential to boost availability of affordable transport fuels, better use of agricultural residue, cattle dung and municipal solid waste.
- It will also provide an investment of 1.75 lakh crore, an additional revenue source to farmers, and 75,000 direct job opportunities and lakhs of indirect jobs.