MoU for Seaplane Services in India
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -III – Infrastructure
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) and Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Development of Sea Plane Services in India.
Key highlights of the MoU
- Objective: Development of Non Scheduled/Scheduled operation of seaplane services within territorial jurisdiction of India under RCS-UDAN scheme
- A Co-ordination Committee is to be set up for timely completion of operationalisation of Seaplane services at various locations.
- The members shall include officials of MoCA, MOPSW and Ministry of Tourism (MoT).
- Enhanced smooth connectivity by promoting eco-friendly transportation through Seaplanes.
- Boost to the tourism industry.
- Help in expediting the development of new water aerodromes and operationalization of new seaplane routes in India.
- MoPSW would identify and develop water front infrastructure of Aerodromes.
- MoCA would carry out bidding and select potential airlines operators.
- MoCA shall provide funds/financial support.
Pic courtesy: PIB