Special Purpose Vehicle for Mission Karmayogi
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions
- Recently, a three-member task force has been formed to help the government in bringing major bureaucratic reforms through its ambitious “Mission Karmayogi”.
- The Centre had recently approved the ‘National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building – Mission Karmayogi’ to effect a transformational shift from rule based training to role-based capacity development of all civil services in the country.
About the task force
- A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), namely ‘Karmayogi Bharat’, would be set up as a not-for-profit company.
- It will be set up under section 8 of Companies Act, 2013 as a 100% government-owned entity.
- The SPV will be responsible:
- to deliver and manage design,
- implement, enhance and manage a digital platform
- manage and deliver competency assessment services
- manage governance of telemetry data and ensure provision of monitoring and evaluation.
- The task force shall submit its recommendations on organisational structure for the SPV aligning its vision, mission and functions.