Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen Phase-II
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -II – Governance
- Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) [SBM (G)] Phase-II is making steady progress amidst Covid-19 with 1249 villages declared ODF(Open Defecation Free) Plus.
About SBM(G) Phase-II:
- SBM (G) Phase-II was approved in February 2020 by the Ministry of Jal Shakti and will be implemented from 2020-21 to 2024-25 with total outlay of Rs. 1,40,881 crores.
- It emphasizes the sustainability of achievements under phase I and to provide adequate facilities for Solid/Liquid & plastic Waste Management (SLWM) in rural India.
- The fund sharing pattern between Centre and States will be 90:10 for North-Eastern States and Himalayan States and UT of J&K; 60:40 for other States; and 100% for other Union Territories.
Other Schemes as part of SBM:
- Individual Household Latrines (IHHL) initiative whereby individuals get around 15,000 Rs for the construction of toilets.
- GOBAR-DHAN (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) Scheme launched by the Ministry of Jal Shakti in 2018.The scheme aims to augment income of farmers by converting biodegradable waste into compressed biogas (CBG).
- Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan launched by the Ministry of Education with an objective to provide separate toilets for boys and girls in all government schools.