Garib Nawaz Employment Scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS II – Policies and interventions
In news Recently, the Union Minister for Minority Affairs replied in the Parliament that a total number of 371 training centers under Gharib Nawaz Employment Scheme were opened across the country.
About Gharib Nawaz Employment Scheme
- It was launched by the Ministry of Minority Affairs in 2017.
- Maulana Azad Education Foundation, an autonomous body under the aegis of Ministry of Minority Affairs, implements the Scheme.
- The main aim of this scheme is to provide short term job oriented skill development courses to minorities’ youth in order to enable them for skill based employment.
- This scheme is implemented as per common norms of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSD&E) through the empanelled Program Implementation Agencies (PIAs).
- The PIA is mandated to place minimum 70% trainees out of total trained trainees.
- The monthly stipend for maximum of three months and post placement support for maximum of two months after getting employment are also being paid to the beneficiaries directly into their account.
What are the Other Schemes for Minority Communities?
- Usttad (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development)
- Garib Nawaz Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Nai Manzil (for formal skilling of school dropouts)
- Nai Roshni (for leadership Development of Minority Women)
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Girls scholarships