Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Education
In news NESTS has collaborated with NCERT for NISHTHA Capacity Building Programme for EMRS Principals & Teachers
- The integrated teacher training was provided on 18 modules that were part of comprehensive training ; package covering different aspects of education such as Learning Outcomes, School Based Assessments, POCSO Act, Gender Sensitization, Health and Well-Being in Schools, Teaching of Mathematics, Language, Science, and Social Science etc.
What is NISHTHA?
- The Department of School Education and Literacy has launched a National Mission to improve learning outcomes at the elementary level through an Integrated Teacher Training Programme called NISHTHA under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Samagra Shiksha in 2109-20.
- NISHTHA is a capacity building programme for “Improving Quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training”.
- It aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage.
- NISHTHA is the world’s largest teachers’ training programme of its kind.
- The basic objective of this massive training programme is to motivate and equip teachers to encourage and foster critical thinking in students.
- The initiative is first of its kind wherein standardized training modules are developed at national level for all States and UTs.
News Source: PIB