Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Education
In news Recently, the Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with International Baccalaureate (IB) to implement IB programmes in 30 government schools, including 20 of its new Schools of Specialised Excellence in 2021.
- With the signing of this MoU, government school students will get access to international level of educational facilities.
- Students of these schools will be issued joint certification by the IB and the Delhi board when they complete schooling.
About International Baccalaureate (IB)
- It is a worldwide, non-profit education program founded to give to students aged 3 to 19 the opportunity to receive an education fit for a globalizing world.
- Its Foundation Office is in Geneva (Switzerland).
- It emphasizes personal student development as one of its main achievements.
- There are four IB education programs, all of which are intended to develop students’ intellectual, emotional, personal and social skills.
- It has around 5,000 schools globally. There are currently 193 IB schools in India, all of which are top-end elite private schools.
News Source: IE