PM Gati Shakti Master Plan
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and Interventions
In news On India’s 75th Independence Day, the Prime Minister announced that the Centre will launch ‘PM Gati Shakti Master Plan’.
- He also set a target of making India energy independent by 2047 by replace petroleum with other forms of energy and announced a National Hydrogen Mission, noting the country spends Rs 12 trillion on energy imports every year.
What is Gati Shakti Master Plan?
- It is a Rs. 100 lakh-crore project for developing ‘holistic infrastructure’.
- The plan is aimed at easier interconnectivity between road, rail, air and waterways to reduce travel time and improve industrial productivity.
- The push for infrastructure is in line with the government’s efforts to step up capital expenditure in infrastructure to promote economic growth.
What are the focus areas of the project?
- The project will be a source of employment opportunities for the youth in future.
- Infrastructure development has the ability to create a multiplier effect with every rupee invested, yielding much higher returns.
- It will help raise the global profile of local manufacturers and help them compete with their counterparts worldwide.
- It also raises possibilities of new future economic zones.
- It is also help to increase both manufacturing and exports.
News Source: IE