The world’s first Bio Bank of Ayurveda at AIIA
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-2: Health & Education
In news: Ayush Minister assure all help in establishing the world’s first Bio Bank of Ayurveda at All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA)
About The All-India Institute of Ayurveda
- It has been conceived as an Apex Institute for Ayurveda.
- It aims at bringing a synergy between Traditional Wisdom of Ayurveda and Modern tools and technology.
- Established in 2015, AIIA is a public Ayurveda medicine and research institution located in New Delhi.
- It is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- The institute would offer postgraduate and doctoral courses in various disciplines of Ayurveda
- It will focus on fundamental research of Ayurveda, drug development, standardization, quality control, safety evaluation and scientific validation of Ayurvedic medicine.
- The Institute will also help in boosting medical tourism in India and showcasing strengths of Ayurveda.
News Source: PIB