No SC, ST, OBC quota for NRIs appearing for NEET
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- II – Policies and interventions
- NRI students belonging to SC, ST and OBC communities can no longer enjoy the reservation benefits provided to them in the upcoming NEET examinations
- Aspiring NRI students have also pointed out how they are denied seats under NRI quota in central, state and deemed institutions if they opt for ‘Indian’ as their nationality.
- Such method of classification discriminates against NRI even though they hold an Indian citizenship
Who is considered as a Non-resident? (Check out the pic below)
About NEET examination
- NEET is the qualifying test for MBBS and BDS programmes in Indian medical and dental colleges.
- It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).