PM to release a special commemorative coin on the occasion of 125th Birth Anniversary of Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada Ji on 1st September
Part of: GS Prelims
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will release a special commemorative coin of ₹ 125 and will also address the gathering, on the occasion of the 125th Birth Anniversary of Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada Ji on 1st September 2021.
About Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada Ji:
- Swami ji born Abhay Charan De, was an Indian spiritual teacher and the founder-acharya (preceptor) of the the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) commonly known as the “Hare Krishna movement that translated Shrimad Bhagvad Geeta and other Vedic literature in 89 languages, playing a stellar role in dissemination of Vedic literature across the world.
- Swamiji also established over a hundred temples and wrote several books, teaching the path of Bhakti Yoga to the world.
- He has been described as a charismatic leader who was successful in acquiring followers in many countries including the United States, Europe and India.
- His mission was to propagate throughout the world Gaudiya Vaishnavism, a school of Vaishnavite Hinduism that had been taught to him by his guru, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati.
News Source: PIB