Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue 2021
Theme of IPRD 2021: ‘Evolution in Maritime Strategy during the 21st Century: Imperatives, Challenges and Way Ahead’
- India is fully determined to protect its maritime interests, while it supports the maintenance of rule-based maritime systems, as mandated under UN Convention on the Law of Seas (UNCLOS), 1982.
- Emphasized on the need for an efficient, cooperative and collaborative harnessing of the region’s maritime potential for sustaining a steady path to prosperity.
- While the seas offer abundant opportunities for sustenance and growth of the mankind, they pose challenges such as terrorism, piracy, drug trafficking and climate change. There is a need to find convergence of interests and commonality of purpose on maritime issues.
About Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue 2021
- First conducted in 2018, the IPRD is the apex international annual conference of the Indian Navy and is the principal manifestation of the Navy’s engagement at the strategic-level.
- The National Maritime Foundation is the Navy’s knowledge partner and chief organiser of each edition of this annual event.
- The aim of each successive edition is to review both opportunities and challenges that arise within the Indo-Pacific.
News Source: PIB