Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD)
Part of: Prelims and Mains GS-II: Global groupngs
Context: First conducted in 2018, the Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) is the apex international annual conference of the Indian Navy, and is the principal manifestation of the navy’s engagement at the strategic-level.
Aim: To review both opportunities and challenges that arises within the Indo-Pacific.
Theme: Evolution in Maritime Strategy during the 21st Century: Imperatives, Challenges, and, Way Ahead –
- Evolving Maritime Strategies within the Indo-Pacific: Convergences, Divergences, Expectations and Apprehensions.
- Adaptive Strategies to Address the Impact of Climate Change upon Maritime Security.
- Port-led Regional Maritime Connectivity and Development Strategies.
- Cooperative Maritime Domain Awareness Strategies.
- Impact of the Increasing Recourse to Lawfare upon a Rules-based Indo-Pacific Maritime Order.
- Strategies to Promote Regional Public-Private Maritime Partnerships.
- Energy-Insecurity and Mitigating Strategies.
- Strategies to Address the Manned-Unmanned Conundrum at Sea.
News Source: PIB