Krishi UDAN 2.0 Launched
Part of: Prelims and Mains GS-II: Global groupings
Context: Krishi UDAN 2.0 lays out the vision of
- Improving value realization through better integration and optimization of Agri-harvesting and air transportation
- Contributing to Agri-value chain sustainability and resilience under different and dynamic conditions.
Development of E-KUSHAL (Krishi Udaan for Sustainable Holistic Agri-Logistics): Proposed to develop a platform which will facilitate in information dissemination to all the stakeholders that will also assist in coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the scheme. Proposed convergence of E-Kushal with National Agriculture Market (e-NAM).
The model, A2A – Agriculture to Aviation: The convergence between the two sectors is possible because of 3 primary reasons –
- Evolutionary possible use of biofuel for aircraft in future,
- Use of drones in agriculture sector
- Greater integration and value realisation of agricultural products through schemes like Krishi UDAN
News Source: PIB