Mobile hospitals under PM Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission
Part of: Prelims and GS II – Health
Context Recently it was highlighted by the Union Health minister that under recently launched PM Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission, various tests would be done for free at the district level, which will reduce expenses and unnecessary travel for the poor.
- For the first time in Asia, two container-based hospitals, equipped with comprehensive medical facilities, will be stationed in Chennai and Delhi and kept at the ready to be swiftly mobilised by rail or air to respond to any calamity or disaster in the country.
- Objective: To fill critical gaps in public health infrastructure, especially in critical care facilities and primary care in both the urban and rural areas.
- Strengthening of points of entry will ring-fence India’s borders against the import of new infectious diseases and pathogens.
- Development of critical care hospital blocks in districts shall make the districts self-sufficient in providing comprehensive treatment for infectious diseases
- Every district shall have at least one medical college as well.