PM Cares For Children Scheme
Part of: GS-Prelims and Mains GS-II: Policies and interventions
In News: The Ministry of Women and Child Development has issued the detailed guidelines for PM CARES for Children Scheme.
Corpus of Rs. 10 Lakh:
- A corpus of Rs. 10 lakh will be allocated to each of these children from the PM CARES fund.
- It will provide monthly stipend from 18 years of age.
- On attaining 23 years, he/she will get the corpus amount.
Education to the Children (under 10 years):
- Ensure admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas/ private schools.
- PM CARES will pay for the uniform text books and notebooks
- If the child is admitted in a private school the fees as per the RTE norms will be provided
Education to the Children (11-18 years):
- The child will be given admission in any Central Government Residential School
- In case the child is to be continued under the care of guardian, he/she will be given admission in the nearest Kendriya Vidyalaya/private school
- Provision of either a scholarship equivalent to the tuition fees/ educational loans.
- Interest on the loan will be paid by the PM-CARES fund.
- All children will be enrolled as a beneficiary under Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- The premium amount will be paid by PM-CARES till a child turns 18.
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…